CDC Safety Protocols
To ensure the safety of our staff and patients, we have adopted the following protocols to comply with the recommendations of the CDC.
- We are requiring all patients and staff to wear masks
- We have limited our patient flow to ensure safe social distancing
- Only the patient with an appointment will be allowed in the office.
- Patients under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent.
- We have implemented patient, staff screening protocols. Patients are required to wash their hands upon entering the office. Staff will sanitize every staff and patient contact area before and after each patient visit.
- If you need to select new glasses, pick up glasses or contacts or have glasses repairs we ask that you call first.
- Upon arriving at the office for any services please call 541-536-2911 option 1 to allow us to greet you outside.
- If you or someone in your household is ill please reschedule your appointment.
We look forward to serving our community and kindly ask for your patience as we navigate through these unprecedented times.
Q: Is your office still open?
A: Yes, we are open. We are following CDC safety guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Please call the office (541) 536-2911 to schedule your visit.
Q: Have your hours changed?
Yes, we currently have limited hours Monday through Thursday. We are also offering telehealth virtual visits online. We are following the CDC guidelines and we are deep cleaning after every patient.
Q: What is telehealth and how do I schedule an appointment?
A: Telehealth appointment allows you to see our doctors “face to face” through a HIPAA secure web link. These visits are simple and convenient, and can be done from home, the office, virtually anywhere. You may request a telehealth appointment by visiting our website. You may also call the office for scheduling a telehealth appointment and our staff will help you.
Q: What do I do if I’m running out of contacts?
A: Please call (541) 536-2911. We are offering to extend contact lens prescriptions for a short time. When you contact the office, we can ship them directly to your home with NO charge to you.
If you wear RGP’s or specialty contact lenses, please call us for more information on how we can help you.
Q: Can I pick up my glasses and contacts?
A: Yes of course, please come pick up your glasses and/or contact lenses! We also offer shipping for your new glasses and/or contact lenses with NO charge. If you prefer to come into the office, we are asking that you wait in the foyer and we will bring them out to you. If you still owe a balance on your hardware we ask that you please call ahead of time and pay over the phone if possible.
As a reminder, ordering and picking up glasses/contacts is not a medical emergency, and therefore please reserve contacting the on-call doctor for eye emergencies.
Q: Is optical open for glasses ordering?
A: Depending on the situation, our optical department is open on a limited basis. Unfortunately we are not doing adjustments or allowing walk-in patients to browse and pick out new glasses at the moment due to new CDC guidelines. However if you are without glasses or cannot see with current glasses please contact us and we will get you set up for an appointment.
Q: What do I do if I run out of prescription drops?
A: First please contact your pharmacy so they can send us a request.